Students Can Find Their Way
To master the fundamental building blocks of learning.
Pathways to Learning, Inc. provides the highest quality individualized educational services for students experiencing difficulty with the learning process.
It is our believe that every student can find their way through the maze of letters and numbers to master the fundamental building blocks of learning.
Pathways to Learning conducts one-on-one tutoring for all academic subjects with students in grades K-12.
- Individualized instruction based on the student’s learning style
- Diagnostic-prescriptive teaching that focuses on individual needs
- Research-based programs for reading, spelling and math
- Multi-sensory materials that develop all learning channels
If your child is struggling with any area of learning, an educational assessment is the important first step towards treatment and success. An educational assessment isn’t a declaration of lower intelligence. It doesn’t place an irrevocable mark in your child’s “permanent record.” In fact, more often, the learning difficulty can be identified and targeted through an educational assessment which include:
- Learning Style preference
- Perceptual functioning for visual and auditory systems
- Check for adequate development of phonemic awareness skills
- Academic levels for reading, spelling, math
- Developmental and educational history of the student
Pathways to Learning offers consultations with our student’s parents and homeschooling parents to help them identify specific strategies that bring success.
Pathways to Learning offers training sessions for teachers, parents, and homeschooling groups.
Pathways to Learning provides a variety of summer support programs for students. These include ESY support,small group sessions (limited to a maximum of 5 students) covering issues including study skills, reading comprehension, and written communication.
Handwriting Without Tears®
Handwriting Without Tears® is a proven success in making legible and fluent handwriting an easy and automatic skill for students. This curriculum uses hands-on, educationally sound instructional methods to teach handwriting.
Students Who Benefit
Students who benefit from Pathways to Learning educational services are children:
- Who have identified learning issues such as learning disorders, dyslexia, attention deficit disorder, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia, Asperger’s Syndrome, non-verbal learning disorders
- Who experience difficulty reading new words
- Who have difficulty understanding what they’ve read
- Who experience difficulty spelling when writing Who experience difficulty remembering the math facts for adding, subtracting, multiplying & dividing
- Who experience difficulty writing sentences, paragraphs, or compositions
- Who experience difficulty with reversals or inversions of words or letters
- Who are not successful in their academic activities
- Who require specialized instruction to learn
- Who have messy handwriting that is difficult to read